January 2009 | Home
Your life was probably changed forever by the dorm you were assigned to. But in U-M's early years, there were no dorms.
Google co-founder and U-M alum Larry Page ('95) will deliver the spring 2009 commencement address.
Going outside, even in the cold, improves memory and attention.
Charming paintings by alum John Tebeau ('86) remind us of the good — and cheap — things in life.
A great season for film saw outstanding acting and one incredible piece of directing.
Hello, dear. How are we doing today?
An online magazine for alumni and friends of U-M.
Media coverage of U-M and its people
January 20, 2009
U-M alums considered for Obama administration
- Valerie Jarrett (White House Senior Advisor)
- Ken Salazar (Interior Secretary)
- Melody Barnes (Director of the White House Domestic Policy Council)
- Rand Beers (homeland security transition adviser) and
- Dr. Sanjay Gupta (Surgeon General)
- Eugene Kang (Special Assistant to the President)
- And there are more. See a complete list at the University Record.
U-M and the economy
- A Rust Belt Oasis, the University of Michigan Is Spending Billions to Grow (NY Times, Dec. 31, 2008)
- Specific elements hold key to Michigan's future (Lansing State Journal, Jan. 11, 2009)
- Loyalty paying off for Harris and his tourney-starved Wolverines (ESPN.com, Dec. 30, 2008)
- Giants promote Bill Sheridan [former U-M asst. coach and father of current U-M quarterback Nick] to Defensive Coordinator (NY Times, Jan. 20, 2009)
- Miami Dolphins sale complete as [U-M alum and major donor] Stephen Ross becomes majority owner (Miami Herald, Jan. 21, 2009)
(All links on this page go to external websites. Michigan Today is not responsible for the content or maintenance of external sites.)