Guess what? You may have a sleep disorder. Victor Katch describes the symptoms and health impacts of sleep disorders and describes two simple tests to see if you are at risk.
Video: Anne Curzan tackles the subject (or is it the object?) of "who" vs. "whom."
- Exactly how much housework does a husband create?
- A good fight may keep you and your marriage healthy
- Partners in Courage
Frank Beaver explores the Redgrave dynasty's far-reaching impact on film and theater history.
Scientists have identified how much pain people feel by looking at images of their brains. The research may set the stage to objectively measure anxiety, depression, anger, and more.
Video: The U.S. Dept. of Defense recently blamed China's military for cyber attacks on American systems. Just how do these attacks occur, what kind of damage can they create, and how can we combat them?
Innovators are exploring business opportunities around their technologies via Michigan I-Corps, a seven-week entrepreneurial training workshop funded by the National Science Foundation.
An online magazine for alumni and friends of U-M.
Talking about science—archive
- Turning red light blue How the bored doodles of a U-M professor 50 years ago led to revolutionary discoveries. (October 2011)
- Finding Pluto The true story of the kid who turned a wild goose chase into one of the 20th century's unlikeliest discoveries. (October 2010)
- The expanding universe Tim McKay with a mind-boggling explanation of how we know the universe is spreading out. (January 2010)
- A world without ice Henry Pollack describes the basic science behind climate change. (November 2009)
- A different kind of energy savings Tim McKay explains one of the basic tenets of physics. (September 2009)
- What is plasma? Rocket scientist Alec Gallimore on the fourth state of matter. (May 2009)
- Go with the flow Tim McKay on what physics tells us about the energy crunch. (July 2008)
- We pay to study worms? Colin Duckett on the importance of basic science. (February 2008)
- Look where it's lively Tim McKay on the search for life elsewhere. (January 2008)
- Barrel of monkeys Brian Coppola on how DNA works. (October 2007)
- When do we know that we know? Tim McKay on scientific certainty. (September 2007)